We've partnered up with QuickBooks, a premier accounting software, to offer customers an easy way to sync their Corpay One tasks with the rest of their financial records.
What does the QuickBooks integration do?
Corpay One's integration for QuickBooks automatically syncs expenses from Corpay One to QuickBooks, including vendor invoices and payments:
When an invoice is submitted to your Corpay One account, the integration automatically creates a vendor expense entry in your QuickBooks account under that vendor. If the vendor isn't already in your vendor list in QuickBooks, Corpay One will automatically create it for you.
When the expense is paid via Corpay One, the integration automatically creates a vendor payment entry in your QuickBooks account under that vendor.
What data can I sync between Corpay One and QuickBooks?
Here's how data flows between Corpay One and QuickBooks:
How do I set up the QuickBooks integration?
First, make sure you're logged into Corpay One. Once you're logged in, click on Settings > Integrations on the left side menu.
You will then be taken to an overview of Corpay One's integrations. Here, click on See more under the the QuickBooks integration to continue.
To start connecting Corpay One with QuickBooks, click the Configure button.
You will see a list of the permissions that you need to give QuickBooks for accessing your data in Corpay One. Click Allow at the bottom to continue:
5. Click the Connect to QuickBooks button to start the integration setup:
6. You will first be redirected to QuickBooks where you will be prompted to enter your QuickBooks credentials. Then allow Corpay One to access your company data in QuickBooks.
7. Now you're back in the integration setup in Corpay One where you must select a default account that Corpay One will use if a corresponding expense category can't be located in QuickBooks. Make sure that your whole chart of accounts is imported from QuickBooks to Corpay One by clicking the slider button next to Import categories (in Corpay One, accounts are referred to as 'categories'). In this section you can also select whether to sync expense details before before they are approved in Corpay One:
9. Next, select a default payment account that Corpay One will use if a corresponding payment account can't be located in QuickBooks:
10. Lastly, select whether to import Tax Codes from QuickBooks (please note that this only applies to companies in GB):
Click Finish to complete the integration setup.
You will then be sent back to your Corpay One account.
How do I disconnect from QuickBooks?
Navigate to Settings > Integrations, and click on the QuickBooks box. Click on the Configure button, and you'll be able to view the existing integration that's been set up between Corpay One and QuickBooks. Click Disconnect to disconnect the integration.
Copay One doesn't sync back the list of invoices you have in QuickBooks. But rest assured, we are working on making it possible!
When and how does data sync occur?
When you approve an expense in Corpay One, you'll see a matching invoice entry in QuickBooks.
When you pay a bill in Corpay One you'll see the payment info reflected in QuickBooks.
Any changes of categories, departments, notes, etc. on a document in Corpay One will immediately be reflected on the corresponding entry in QuickBooks.