Note: In March, 2021, Roger officially changed its name to Corpay One. Our features and functionality have not changed. To learn more and understand the change, read more.
Analysis and reading
Once you've added a bill, receipt, or credit note to to your account via any submission method, Roger's advanced scanning engine will first collect and analyze the document's data, recording its important information.
You can view all documents that are being analyzed on your dashboard:
Processing times may vary, but typically you'll wait a maximum of five to ten minutes before all data on an individual document has been scanned.
- If you feel that the processing time is taking a bit longer than expected, don't worry, the document will ultimately be added. In some cases, processing times can increase due to image quality, or the payment source used by the vendor.
- If there is an error during the analysis of your bill, receipt, or credit note, the Roger team will jump in to fix the error and possibly contact you if necessary, so you don't need to worry about it.
- Read more about the type of information a document should contain for Roger to process it here.
Once a document has been processed, it will appear on your dashboard with all the information that has been scanned. Your dashboard is where you'll be able to view all successfully analyzed documents, as well as any documents that have failed to process for any reason.
Once a document has been analyzed by Roger, you can require the approval of one or more coworkers before it is paid and/or synced to your company's accounting system. After bills have been approved, Roger will automatically pay them on their due dates.
There are a few ways to set up approvals:
- Create a rule in Roger Workflow so a specific coworker is appointed based on criteria from the submitted bill.
- A coworker with sufficient permissions can manually appoint someone.
- Set default approver in your web app via Advanced Settings > Workflow
You can read more about your coworkers' roles and permissions in this article.
Automatic actions and categorizing
In addition to approvals, Roger lets you perform a number of other automatic actions based on the contents of your documents, such as categorizing expenses, or adding notes. Learn more about setting up customized workflows with Roger Workflow.
Please note that if you have not created any automated categorization rules in your company's workflows, then by default, Roger will automatically post new documents in the same category/account that was last selected for documents from that vendor.
Syncing to your accounting system
If you have an integration set up for your Roger account, Roger will automatically sync the data for your bills, credit notes, receipts and payments to your accounting system. The synchronization process takes place in real-time - for example, when a bill is added, when a payment is made, or when a change is made to a document in Roger.