What is synchronization?
When you use one of Corpay One's integrations for ERP systems and accounting platforms, Corpay One automatically syncs document and payment data to the corresponding entries in the ERP system. This happens, for instance, when a document has been approved, when you change details like category, amount or department, or when a bill has been paid.
Why sync manually?
In some situations you may need to manually sync a document or to even create a new entry in your ERP system altogether. This can be necessary, for instance, if Corpay One has encountered an error, and the automatic synchronization of a document is failing. After this error has been fixed, you can manually resync the document to update the corresponding entry. You can either synchronize one document or bulk-synchronize multiple documents at a time.
How to sync manually
Synchronizing one document
1. First, find the document for which you want to synchronize data, and open the Integrations tab:
2. Next, choose the desired integration from the dropdown, e.g. Xero. This will show you the integration log for the Xero integration. By clicking the Re-sync integration button, Corpay One will manually sync data for this document to the corresponding entry in Xero:
3. This opens a new window where you must select to which entry in Xero you want to sync: the vendor bill entry or the vendor payment entry. Select the desired entry, and click Re-sync:
Naturally, it's only possible to sync vendor payment data if a payment has actually been made, or if the document has been marked as paid.
Synchronizing multiple documents
When bulk-synchronizing, i.e. syncing multiple documents at a time, Corpay One will automatically attempt to synchronize with all existing entries related to the individual document. This means that if an invoice entry and a payment entry already exists in your ERP, Corpay One will attempt to update both of these.
If none of these entries can be found in your ERP, Corpay One will attempt to create them. In this case, Corpay One will create an invoice entry for documents with status 'Unpaid' and an invoice entry + a payment entry for documents with status 'Paid'.
1. Check the box next to all documents you wish to synchronize:
2. When you have marked all the documents you wish to re-synchronize, click the button Re-sync that is now shown in the bulk action bar at the bottom of the page:
3. You will now see a short animation that confirms the synchronization attempt.
If the synchronization happened without any issues, you will now see the updated entries in your ERP. If no existing entries could be located for a document, Corpay One will have created new entries for that document. You can view more details about the synchronization in the Integrations tab on the individual document.
If Corpay One encountered an error when attempting to synchronize one or more documents, these documents will be visible in the Requires attention tab where you will be notified about this error. You can view more details about the error and how to solve it in the Integrations tab on the individual document.
What happens when I perform a manual synchronization?
If the entry already exists in the ERP system it will be updated to match the document's details in Corpay One at the time of the synchronization.
If the entry has already been booked in the ERP system, Corpay One will not be able to update the entry. To avoid duplicate entries, you are also prevented from creating a new entry.
If the entry does not yet exist in the ERP system, a new entry will be created that match the document's details in Corpay One at the time of the synchronization.
You can read more about the Integrations tab in this article.