This article describes how you set up and use Corpay One's integration for Xero accounting software.
We've partnered up with Xero , a premier accounting software, to offer customers an easy way to sync their Corpay One tasks with the rest of their financial records.
What does the Xero integration do?
Corpay One's integration for Xero automatically syncs document data from Corpay One to Xero , including vendor invoices and payments:
When a bill is submitted to your Corpay One account, the integration automatically creates a vendor expense entry in your Xero account under that vendor. If the vendor isn't already on your vendor list in Xero , Corpay One will automatically create it for you.
When the bill is paid via Corpay One, the integration automatically creates a vendor payment entry in your Xero account under that vendor.
What data can I sync between Corpay One and Xero ?
Here's how data flows between Corpay One and Xero (the arrows in the middle column show which directions the data flow):
FYI: Corpay One will automatically import all your existing vendors from Xero once you set up the integration. After that, vendors will only sync from Corpay One to Xero and not the other way around.
How do I set up the Xero integration?
1. Navigate to Settings > Integrations via the left-side menu, and click on Learn more on the Xero integration:
2. Now, click the Connect button to continue:
❗ This button will instead say Configure if you have already connected Corpay One with Xero.
3. You will now see a list of the permissions that you need to give Xero to access your data in Corpay One. Click Allow at the bottom to continue.
4. Click the Connect to Xero button to start the integration setup:
5. You will first be redirected to Xero, where you will be prompted to enter your Xero credentials and log in. Click Log In to continue:
6. You will now be asked to give Corpay One access to your data in Xero. Click Allow Access to continue:
7. Now you're back in the integration setup in Corpay One, where you must select a team within your Xero ERP to connect your Corpay One account, in addition to a default category (account) and payment account that will be applied to documents in Corpay One when no other category or payment account have been selected. Then click Next to continue.
As an optional configuration, you may also set up your payment mapping to existing accounts within your Xero ERP:
8. Next, in the Data Imports page, indicate if you want to import open invoices and unapplied vendor credits with the integration set up. This step is not recommended if the open bills will not need to be paid through Corpay One. Click Next to continue.
9. On the Syncing page there are a few additional options.
If the account has a Corpay One Mastercard and if you want transactions to sync to Xero, toggle the sync one and map the transactions to the appropriate account. Up to 3 months of historical transactions can be synced to the mapped Xero account.
Choose when you want expenses to sync to Xero. When off, expenses will not sync until they are approved. When on they will sync once uploaded into Corpay One.
Choose if you want to enable the 2-way sync feature where you can choose if, after the integration, you want new Bills, Receipts, and Credit Notes to import from Xero to Corpay One and if you want updates to Bills, Receipts and Credit Notes made in Xero to update Corpay One
Click Complete to complete the integration setup.
How do I disconnect from Xero ?
Navigate to Settings > Integrations, and click on the Xero box. Click on the Configure button. You must first click Allow to allow Corpay One to view the current setup with your Xero account. You'll be able to view the existing integration that's been set up between Corpay One and Xero . Click Disconnect to disconnect the integration.
When and how does data sync occur?
When you submit an expense to Corpay One, you'll see a matching invoice entry in Xero . In the integration setup, you can select whether this synchronization happens only when a document is approved, or as soon as it's submitted to Corpay One.
When you pay a bill in Corpay One you'll see the payment info reflected in Xero .
Any changes of categories, departments, notes, etc. on a document in Corpay One will immediately be reflected on the corresponding entry in Xero .