Note: In March, 2021, Roger officially changed its name to Corpay One. Our features and functionality have not changed. To learn more and understand the change, read more.
What does Roger's integration for Xero do?
Roger's integration with Xero automatically syncs your bills, receipts, and credit notes from Roger to Xero, including vendor invoices and payments:
- When an invoice is submitted to your Roger account, the integration automatically creates a vendor invoice entry in your Xero account under that vendor. If the vendor is not already in your Xero contact list, Roger will automatically create it for you.
- When the invoice is paid via Roger, the integration automatically creates a vendor payment entry in your Xero account under that vendor.
What data can I sync between Roger and Xero?
How do I set up the Xero integration?
1. First, make sure you're logged into Roger. Once you're logged in, go to Integrations in the left side menu. This takes you to an overview of Roger's integrations. Here, click Learn more on the Xero integration to continue
2. This takes you to the integration landing page. To start connecting Roger with Xero, click the Connect button below the Xero logo.
3. Now, another window opens. Here you will see a list of the permissions that you need to give Xero in order to access your data in Roger. Click Allow at the bottom to continue.
4. You will now see any existing Xero integrations on companies you are part of.
Click Connect to start the integration setup.
5. First, enter your credentials for Xero to log into your Xero account.
Click Log in to continue.
6. Then allow Roger access to your Xero data.
Click Allow access to continue.
7. You will now find yourself in the actual integration setup. First, select the default account that will be applied to documents in Roger when no other account has been selected. Also, make sure that your whole chart of accounts is imported from Xero to Roger by clicking the slider button next to Import categories (in Roger, accounts are referred to as 'categories'). Click Next to continue.
8. Now, select a default payment account from the dropdown to use for payments made in Roger. Click Next to continue.
9. Lastly, you must select whether to import your tax rates from Xero. Click the slider to import tax rates, or leave it as is (tax rates will be imported as a custom list under Lists). You can read more about tax rates in Xero in Xero's help center here. Complete the integration setup by clicking Finish.
10. You will now see that the integration is being finalized. A confirmation screen will you confirm the integration before disappearing automatically.
You will be sent back to the initial Xero integration page that confirms that your Xero integration has been set up (notice that the Connect button has now changed to Connected).
How do I disconnect from Xero?
- Go to the Xero integration page and click the Connected button just below the Xero logo. This opens a window where you simply have to click Disconnect to disconnect Roger from your Xero account.
What doesn't the integration do (yet)?
- Roger does not sync back the list of invoices you have in Xero. But rest assured, we are working on it!
When and how does data sync occur?
- When you add an expense in Roger, you will see a matching invoice entry in Xero.
- When you select a category for a document in Roger, the account of the corresponding entry in Xero will be updated accordingly.
- When you pay a bill in Roger you will see the payment info reflected in Xero.