Note: In March, 2021, Roger officially changed its name to Corpay One. Our features and functionality have not changed. To learn more and understand the change, read more.
*In order to integrate with Zapier, you must first create an account in Zapier.
Like Roger, Zapier was built to maximize your team's efficiency by eliminating the daily manual tasks sucking up your time. Now we've teamed up so you can harness the power of both: set up customizable "Zaps" to send your Roger data to other tools your team is already using, without any manual work.
Note: Roger's direct integrations with accounting systems like QuickBooks, Xero, E-conomic, NAV Smartapi and Dinero are the best way to sync financial information. You don’t need to use Zapier to send information from Roger to these platforms.
Which Zaps should I set up with Roger?
With over 2,000 apps in Zapier's library and completely customizable data pulls for each Zap, the possibilities are endless. Though you'll be able to set up a connection between Roger and any of the apps in Zapier's library, here are a few of our favorite use cases:
- Auto-populate Roger data into a spreadsheet, like Google Sheets or Excel. This is especially helpful for companies using an older accounting software that doesn't integrate with Roger. You can upload the spreadsheets directly to the software without any manual data entry.
- Pull vendor data from Roger and add it to CRM tools like Pipedrive and Salesforce
How do I set up my first Zap?
Here we'll walk you through integrating with Zapier, as well as creating a Zap for a common use case: between Roger and Google Sheets. Here's the goal:
- Each time an expense is added to Roger, we want to automatically add the expense data to a row in a specific Google Sheet.
The steps below explain how to set up this Zap from your Roger web app. You can also set up the Zap directly from your Zapier account by clicking "Make a Zap" from the left side menu, and searching for Roger in their library. If you choose this latter route, skip down to step 4 below!
1. From the Roger web app, click Integrations from the left side menu.
2. Find the Zapier integration box and click See More.
3. From the Integration landing page, click Connect. If you don't already have a Zapier account, you'll be prompted to set one up here.
4. Once logged into Zapier, you'll see a list of the permissions needed in order for Zapier to access your data in Roger. Click Yes, Allow at the bottom to continue.
5. The next screen will prompt you to select a team in Roger you'd like the Zap to be active for. Select the appropriate team, and click Integrate.
6. Now you'll be directed to Zapier to create your Zap. Give your Zap a name in the top left corner.
7. In the "When this happens..." box, select Roger in the Choose App field.
8. Choose a Trigger Event in Roger from the dropdown. In this case, we’ll use “Expense Awaiting", which means the Zap is triggered every time a new expense is submitted to Roger.
9. Click Continue and you'll be prompted to confirm your Roger account, as well as run a test to ensure Zapier can access your Roger data. This step is optional. Click Continue again to proceed.
10. Now you'll need to specify the actions you want the Zap to perform when the trigger occurs. In our example, we'll enter Google Sheets in the Choose App field.
11. Choose the action you'd like performed. In our example, we'll have 2 actions: "Create Spreadsheet Row" and then "Update Spreadsheet Row". Upon selecting the first action, you'll be prompted to sign into your Google Sheets account. Click Continue once you've done so.
12. For each action, we'll specify which Google Sheets document the data should appear in, as well as which fields to fill. (Make sure that in the Google Sheets document, the column headers are ready to receive the expense data as well.)
13. You'll be prompted to test the Zap, which we recommend doing to ensure its accuracy. Check out the spreadsheet to see the data magically appear:
14. Now that the Zap is complete, you can toggle the Zap "on" from your Zapier account. Expense data will begin to automatically appear in your Spreadsheet as soon as it is uploaded to your company's Roger account!
Once again, this is just one example of countless Zaps you could customize between Roger and another app your company uses. Check out Zapier's help center for more detailed information about the intricacies and use cases of Zaps.
Zapier x Roger FAQs:
Where can I manage and edit my Zaps?
You'll be able to manage, activate and de-activate your Zaps from your Zapier account.
How do I disconnect Zapier from my Roger account?
You can remove Roger under your connected app in Zapier.
How many Zapier accounts can I have set up with my Roger Account?
Currently we support that each user can setup a Zapier integration. That means each users with admin permissions in Roger can configure a Zapier integration
What if I make a change to an expense after the Zap has occurred?
If you wish to run a Zap for an update on an expense in Roger, you can utilize the "... updated" triggers in Zapier.