For identical bills that your company pays on an ongoing and regular basis (e.g. rent, internet, etc.), Corpay One makes it easy to set up automated recurring payments. This saves your team time they'd usually spend manually entering and paying these bills over and over.
Here's how it works:
1. Go to Bill Pay, and click on + Add Bill in the top right corner:
2. This takes you to the bill upload screen. Here, click on Enter your bill details manually:
3. Enter the details of the original bill you'd like to set up as a recurring payment. These details include the amount, an original invoice number, the issue date, and the vendor name. Then click on the toggle button next to Is this a recurring bill? to set up the recurring payment:
4. In the Recurring Payment section, enter details that specify the regularity with which you'll want each recurring bill uploaded and paid. You can have the bill repeat at any interval (weekly, monthly, etc), on a certain day of the month, on a certain day each week, or for example the 3rd Thursday of each month. You can also select an end date after which the bill will stop recurring:
5. You have the option to upload a PDF, JPEG or PNG file of the original bill using the upload tool on the right side of the screen. If you choose to do so, this same file will accompany all subsequent recurring bills as a reference. The fact that it displays the original bill's date and invoice number is no problem.
6. Click Add Bill at the bottom of the screen, and the bill will be added to the Bill Pay page just like any other bill you add to Corpay One.
Editing a recurring payment
First, locate the bill associated with the recurring payment you'd like to edit, and click the three-dot menu in the upper right corner of the bill. Select Edit recurring expense from the dropdown menu:
This opens a window that lets you edit the exact same details of the recurring payment that you defined when you set up the details of the recurring payment. This includes due date, interval and end date. Click on Save to save your edits:
Deleting a recurring payment
First, locate the bill associated with the recurring payment you'd like to delete, and click the three-dot menu in the upper right corner of the bill. Select Delete bill from the dropdown menu:
This opens a window that asks you to confirm whether you want to only delete the selected payment or all future recurring payments associated with that payment. Click Delete to confirm your selection:
Corpay One will automatically upload and initialize each recurring bill 5 days prior to the due date specified in the Recurring Payment settings.
Corpay One will use the original bill's invoice number with -1, -2, -3 added at the end to indicate how many times the bill has recurred. For example, if the original bill is 10047, the next bill will be 10047-1, and the following will be 10047-2.
It's not required to upload a copy of the original invoice, but it's possible. Every subsequent recurring payment will display the same original invoice file for reference.
The recurring bill will sync with your accounting software just like any other bill added to your Corpay One account.