We've partnered up with QuickBooks Online (QBO), a premier accounting software, to offer customers an easy way to sync their Corpay One tasks with the rest of their financial records.
What does the QuickBooks integration do?
Corpay One's integration for QBO automatically syncs document data from Corpay One to QBO, including vendor invoices and payments:
When a bill is submitted to your Corpay One account, the integration automatically creates a vendor expense entry in your QBO account under that vendor. If the vendor isn't already in your vendor list in QBO, Corpay One will automatically create it for you.
When the bill is paid via Corpay One, the integration automatically creates a vendor payment entry in your QBO account under that vendor.
What data can I sync between Corpay One and QBO?
Here's how data flows between Corpay One and QBO (the arrows in the middle column show which directions the data flow):
FYI: Corpay One will automatically import all your existing vendors from QBO once when you set up the integration. After that, vendors will only sync from Corpay One to QBO, and not the other way around.
How do I set up the QBO integration?
1. Navigate to Settings > Integrations via the left-side menu, and click on Learn more on the the QBO integration:
2. Now, click the Connect button to continue:
❗ This button will instead say Configure if you have already connected Corpay One with QBO.
3. You will now see a list of the permissions that you need to give QBO for accessing your data in Corpay One. Click Allow at the bottom to continue:
4. Click the Connect to QBO button to start the integration setup:
5. You will first be redirected to QBO where you will be prompted to enter your QBO credentials and log in. Click Sign In to continue:
6. You will now be asked to give Corpay One access to your data in QBO. Click Connect to continue:
7. Now you're back in the integration setup in Corpay One where you must select a default account that will be applied to documents in Corpay One when no other account has been selected. Also, make sure that your whole chart of accounts is imported from QBO to Corpay One by clicking the slider button next to Import categories (in Corpay One, accounts are referred to as 'categories'). Lastly, take this chance to select whether to sync document data before or after documents are approved in Corpay One, and whether to delete documents altogether when they are declined in Corpay One.
Click Next to continue:
8. Next, select a default payment account that Corpay One will use if a corresponding payment account can't be located in QBO:
9. Lastly, select whether to import Tax Codes from QBO (please note that this only applies to companies in GB).
Click Finish to complete the integration setup.
You will then be sent back to your Corpay One account.
QuickBooks Online FAQ:
How do I disconnect from QuickBooks Online?
Navigate to Settings > Integrations, and click on the QBO box. Click on the Configure button, and you'll be able to view the existing integration that's been set up between Corpay One and QBO. Click Disconnect to disconnect the integration.
Copay One doesn't sync back the list of invoices you have in QBO. But rest assured, we are working on making it possible!
When and how does data sync occur?
When you submit an expense to Corpay One, you'll see a matching invoice entry in QBO. In the integration setup you can select whether this synchronization happens only when a document is approved, or as soon as it's submitted to Corpay One.
When you pay a bill in Corpay One you'll see the payment info reflected in QBO.
Any changes of categories, departments, notes, etc. on a document in Corpay One will immediately be reflected on the corresponding entry in QBO.