Note: In March, 2021, Roger officially changed its name to Corpay One. Our features and functionality have not changed. To learn more and understand the change, read more.
What is a receipt?
A receipt is a confirmation or documentation of a finished payment that you, a coworker, or a vendor has performed.
- For instance, you receive a paper receipt when you have bought a coffee to-go at the coffee shop. Or you receive an email receipt when your payment card has been charged for your phone plan.
How is a receipt different from an invoice or bill?
A receipt differs from an invoice because it does not have an invoice date - it only has a payment date. While an invoice or bill typically refers to a pending payment, a receipt refers to a finished payment. In other words, receipts submitted to Roger will not be paid via Roger, since the payment is already complete.
However just like with bills and invoices, you can set up approvals and workflow rules for receipts with Roger Workflow. This way, for example, managers can approve coworkers' expenses without the hassle of a paper expense report.
How do I submit a receipt to Roger?
- Use Roger on your smartphone or on web (click + in your smartphone app or Submit expense in your web dashboard), and select Receipt:
2. Your company account now has two RogerAddresses: one for bills, invoices and credit notes (@pay.roger.ai) and one for receipts (@receipts.roger.ai). Submit a receipt by sending it as an email attachment to your company account's RogerAddress for receipts.
You can view both RogerAddresses under Settings > RogerAddress.
How do I assign a receipt to a specific a payment account?
If you integrate Roger with your accounting system, Roger will automatically import your list of payment accounts, or categories. You can find the payment account list under Settings > Lists.
You then have two options:
1. You can select the correct payment account under each receipt in your dashboard on the web and smartphone:
- Note: If the list is not appearing on your receipts, make sure you adjust the list's visibility.
2. You can create a workflow rule via Roger Workflow, where you assign a category to receipts that match a certain criteria.