Note: In March, 2021, Roger officially changed its name to Corpay One. Our features and functionality have not changed. To learn more and understand the change, read more.
What are access groups?
Access groups are a simple way for you to grant your staff access to your clients' accounts via Advisor Dashboard. Here's the basic premise:
Any staff member in a given group has access to all the clients assigned to that group.
There are three quick steps we'll run through here to make this happen:
- Create an access group
- Assign the group to a staff member
- Assign the group to a client
How to create an access group:
1. Go to the Access Groups page from the side menu of your Advisor Dashboard. Click New Access Group in the top right corner:
2. Give your access group a name - it can be any name that makes sense for your company. You can create the access group as a sub-group of an already existing parent group by selecting the Parent group below the name field. Click Create when you're ready:
3. Your group will now be visible in the main Access Groups page. Here you can easily see the parent groups as well as their respective subgroups:
Click on an access group to see all information for that access group in the right side panel:
... Or click the + sign on an access group to create a subgroup under that access group:
How to assign a group to a staff member
1. From the Staff page in the Advisor Dashboard, find the staff member to whom you want to assign a group. Click the three dots to the right of the employee's name in the list. Here, select Change role and permissions:
2. This will open a window where you can define the staff member's role and permissions. Select the desired Access groups for the staff member in the Access Groups field, and click Save to confirm:
The staff member has now been added to the access group!
How to add a client to an access group
Click Clients in the side menu of the Advisor Dashboard, and click on the client that you want to add to an access group. You can select any number of access groups for this client in the right side bar by clicking Edit in the Access Groups field:
All access groups that a client belongs to will be visible in the client's preview in the Clients page.
A few notes:
- All staff members in an access group have access to client accounts in that access group using their regular login. If a staff member has access to a parent group, it means they'll have access to any client within any of the subgroups of that parent.
- The client will only be able to see a staff member with access to their client account in their Coworkers page after the first time the staff member has accessed the account.
Want to set permissions for a staff member? Read about staff roles here.