Please note that the Corpay One integration only supports QuickBooks Desktop 2021 and no older versions.
What does the QuickBooks Desktop integration do?
Corpay One's integration for QuickBooks Desktop (QBD) automatically syncs document data from Corpay One to QBD, including bills and payments. In broad terms, this is how the integration works:
When a document is submitted to your Corpay One account and approved, the integration automatically creates an appropriate entry in your QBD account for that vendor. If the vendor isn't already in your vendor list in QBD, Corpay One will automatically create it for you.
When a bill is paid via Corpay One, the integration automatically creates a payment entry in your QBD account for the vendor.
All this data is synced automatically and instantaneously as soon as you have set up the integration.
IMPORTANT: QBD must always remain open and running on your or a coworker's computer for data synchronization to happen correctly. If not, the synchronization will occur upon logging into QBD.
What data can I sync between Corpay One and QuickBooks Desktop?
Here's an overview of the data that automatically* syncs between Corpay One and QBD. The arrows in the middle column show which direction the data flows:
*If you'd like to manually control which data syncs to QBD, you can use Corpay One Workflows to disable automatic data sync for select documents.
💡 Corpay One will automatically import all your existing vendors from QBD once you set up the integration. After that, vendors will only sync from Corpay One to QBD, and not the other way around.
How do I set up the QuickBooks Desktop integration?
💡 QBD has multiple options for setting up your view to fit your needs, so your view of QBD may not look exactly like the screenshots below. The steps, however, are the same.
💡 If you're using multiple screens, some of the pop-ups during setup may open on your other screen or behind another window you may have open.
1. First, log in to QBD on your computer, and navigate to File > App Management > Manage Web Aps:
2. Now you'll see a list of all the apps that QBD offers. Use the search bar at the top or scroll the list for "Corpay One". Then click on Set up on the right side of the page:
3. You will now have to log in to your Corpay One account directly in QBD to start the actual integration setup. Enter your login credentials in the two fields, and click on Login to continue:
4. Click on Allow for QBD to access your data in Corpay One:
5. On the next screen, click on Connect:
If your company already had an existing QBD integration in Corpay One, it would be listed here for you to configure or disconnect.
6. You will now see a pop-up to allow Corpay One to access your QBD data. Click on the option Yes, always; allow access even if QuickBooks is not running:
7. This will prompt another pop-up confirmation screen where you are asked to finally confirm Corpay One's access. Click on Yes to continue:
8. You will now be sent back to the previous confirmation screen. Click on Continue to progress through the setup:
9. Click Done on the next pop-up that appears:
10. You will now set up the defaults of the integration to define how it will function. Make a selection in each of the four steps, and click Continue:
Select Default Category: Here you must select a default category for the expense entry if a category is not added.
A best practice is to use an expense account that typically has a balance of zero.
Import Categories: Check this box to import the chart of accounts from QBD as categories. Any future changes made to your QBD chart of accounts will automatically be reflected in the Corpay One categories list.
IMPORTANT! If you return to reconfigure the integration at a later point, we strongly recommend that you leave this box unchecked. Otherwise, the categories of all documents in Corpay One will be overwritten.
Sync Before Approval: Check this box to always:
1) sync individual document data to QBD as soon as each document has been submitted in Corpay One;
2) delete expense entries in QBD if the corresponding documents are declined in Corpay One.
If this box is left unchecked, documents must be approved in Corpay One before any data is synced.
Select Payment Account: Here you must select a default payment account to be used for the payment entry if no payment account has been added to a document.
That's it! You now have set up the integration, and your data will automatically sync between Corpay One and QBD as you submit, approve, categorize and pay documents in Corpay One.
💡 You can always return to the integration setup following the steps above if you like to change your integration configuration.
Want to disconnect the QBD integration? We got it covered here.
How can I see which data has synced for a document? Check out the integration log.
Can I manually sync document data to QBD? Yes, you can!